php hit counter Random Tidbits About Me: 100 things about me

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

100 things about me

I was a bicentennial baby
Never lived more than 15 miles from the hospital I was born
I can be very silly
I can be very serious
I believe in comfort over fashion
I am 5'
I met my husband when I was 15
Married when I was 21
our honeymoon was at Disney World, it was wonderful
we are still together and are very happy
in fact happier than we have ever been
I am very close to my family
and often try to solve all their problems - rarely does this happen
I had four majors before deciding on accounting
I still long to do something with psychology
I was the first in my family to earn a college degree
Daisies are my favorite flower
Butterflies are also my favorite
they tend to follow me during stressful/emotional times
Did not ride a roller coaster until I was 16
It was the Texas Giant in Six Flags in Dallas
First airplane trip was was I was 18
It was my first time to leave the state of Texas and the country
When I am stressed I am obsessive about biting off all my nails
When I am writing a paper I am the same way about my toe nails
no, I do not bite them - I have to clip them
although I could physically bite my big toe nail before pregnancy
even with being overweight
I do not smoke
although I have smoked and "smoked" in the past
but never as a habit or on a consistent basis - purely social for both
and did not try "smoking" until I was 22 - I didn't care for it
I have never tried anything harder
I do not drink coffee in the mornings
instead I crave cold water and drink it all day
I like to drink Shirley Temples
They remind me of my Grandpa
As well as Tin Roof Ice-cream and Root Beer Floats
I received my love for ice-cream from him
I only drink alcohol on a social basis
and when this happens it is normally way too much
I am a "love everyone" drunk
I have lost more family members than currently survive
With every loss I try to focus on improving my life
when we lost my father-in-law my husband, then fiancee, and I moved in together
when we lost my father we moved up the wedding
when we lost my grandpa is when I started looking at going back to school
although it took a year before I got my butt in gear
I love being married
we have grown from mistakes
once you realize you really are with a person by choice - things can't help but improve
I know I am free to leave - I want to stay
I like watching stupid tv reruns before going to bed
I like thunder storms
I sing in the mornings - not only in the shower
mostly made up songs to the cats, husband, and daughter
I have six cats - yes way too many
we wanted to wait until after I completed my education for children
I think we will be better parents for it
I graduated with my MBA when I am 36 weeks pregnant
I suffer from, and fight, depression
I do not like to use medication
It makes me feel numb
when I am upset, I tend to keep it in and try to stay away from others
a stress relief tool for me is a nice bubble bath or a long walk
One of my biggest accomplishments is financial independence
I sleep with a stuffed pooh bear
I get teary eyed with the national anthem
I use music as therapy
Such as Chicago, Tori Amos, and Sarah McLachlan
During hard times I listen to one album over and over
This repetition also works with movies
my mother and I reached a point of quoting lines from Steel Magnolias
it is how we bonded after my grandmother's death
I have completed two half marathons for charity
these were huge accomplishments
My husband met me on the course of the second and cheered me on until the end
I want a job that helps the community
my favorite thing in the world is being in my husband's arms
there is nothing more comforting to me - regardless of the situation
I am short enough that he can rest his chin on my head when he holds me
I am more of a morning person than a night owl
however, I have trouble getting myself to go to bed early
I love to take naps
I can sleep anywhere
unless it is the middle of the night and an Abby cat is meowing constantly
I can stress about anything
I like instant gratification
I am very close to my mom
But I am more like my grandmother
I wish I was closer to my brother - I am working on this one
I want to live in other parts of the country
but not yet, my family needs me here
I want to be a better person (mother, daughter, wife, friend, sister)
I do not have many good friends
But the ones I have mean the world to me
My friends now would never betray me - as I have experienced in the past
I believe in fate and in soul mates
I do not hold grudges, rather I try to focus on forgiveness.
I am a hypocrite and I admit it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home